May 17, 2022
- Earth day
- What is a carbon footprint
- How do websites contribute
- How can you calculate your site’s impact
- Cloud vs dedicated hosting
- How do you determine a vendor’s impact
- Small sites VS FAANG
- How to improve your site
- World Wide Waste podcast
- Chats with Gerry McGovern and guests about digital sustainability and Earth Experience Design
- How is your website impacting the planet?
- How green is your site?
- Sustainable Design
- Tom Greenwood: Sustainable Web Design
- Make greener design choices for better experiences and a healthier planet.
- Macarthur foundation
- Circular Economy
Module of the Week:
At some point I was tired of creating custom pages using menu and form API, writing tons of code just to have a page with an ugly form where a client can enter some settings, and as soon as a client wants to add some interactions to the page (drag&drop, ajax etc) things starts to get hairy. The same story was with the creation of dedicated CT just to theme a single page (like homepage) and explaining why you can only have 1 node of this type, or force it programmatically.